Luminar 4.3 – improvements
- Better stability, better performance – 4.3 update lets the RAW files open faster, and lets photographers start working on their images more quickly. What is also important Luminar use less memory, resulting in quicker and more responsive sliders. This should be noticed also on less powerful or older computers.
- Photo search – lets photographers find photos by name, folder, date, or extension, allowing for better management of photos.
- Faster Looks experience – The Luminar presets called Looks are very, very powerful tool in Luminar system. As every preset Looks create a lot of data (textures, AI content-aware tools, ect.) and that is why there can be a slight delay in going through each Look. In the new update Luminar 4.3 this issue is solved. The new Luminar gives photographer the ability to preview looks in an instant – it is just enough to hover over presets – Looks.
- Improvements to cropping – In Luminar 4.3 the Crop & Rotate tool has strong update. It has being moved to the right panel – near Lens & Geometry tools. The Windows users should also see a great performance boost.
- AI Augmented Sky improvements – The AI Augmented Sky feature is enabling photographers to create composites that they never thought were possible. In Luminar 4.3, a new space shuttle object has been added to select from. In the new Luminar users can easily flip objects, quickly position them. A marketplace section on the Luminar website has also been added, featuring objects for use with AI Augmented Sky.
- Custom skies and sky objects – In the AI Sky Replacement and AI Augmented Sky tools, photographers can now comfortably access a custom folder of locally stored skies and sky objects. It’s also now easy to copy and paste multiple skies in the sky folder in just a few clicks, for convenient editing.
- Camera support – Luminar 4.3 brings new camera support to recently released cameras: Nikon Coolpix P950, Nikon D780, Nikon Z50, Canon EOS-1D X Mark III (uncompressed only), FUJIFILM X100V, FUJIFILM X-T200, FUJIFILM X-T4, Leica SL2, Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III, Olympus E-PL10, Panasonic DC-S1H, Sony A9 Mark II.
- New masking brush workflow – transparent red mask – The masking tool is now very easy to use, because the masked areas are visible mid-process thanks to a transparent red mask.
- Improvements to translations for supported languages – Luminar 4.3 includes improvements to translations for all supported languages: German, Japanese, Korean, Italian, French, Spanish.
- The integration with 500px portal – lets photographers share their photographs across the world on the 500px photo sharing platform.
Free update for current Luminar 4 users
Luminar 4.3 is available as a free update for all Luminar 4 users. What is also a good news the users of older version – Luminar 3 will also get the search tool added in the program’s next update.
Luminar 4.3 – how to update
Luminar 4.3 is a free update to current Luminar 4 users.
On a Mac, click in the Top Menu Bar and choose Luminar 4 > Check for updates. If you purchased via the Mac App Store, simply open the App Store and go to the Updates tab.
On Windows system, in the Top Menu Bar choose Help > Check for updates.
If you are running Luminar as a plugin with Photoshop, Lightroom Classic or Photoshop Elements, it’s also recommended you rerun the plugin installer.